Thursday, January 12, 2012

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

This past weekend I geared up for an expedition to explore the the quiet town of Donaueschingen, where I'll be spending the next 8 months of my life (at least during the week).

There's not a whole lot to see. The 2,872 km Danube river starts here (2nd longest in Europe), but the decorative pond/hole in the ground wasn't worth a picture. Indeed, the highlight of my 3 hour walk was this:


Table tennis. Under a bridge.  Quite possibly the most awesome use of taxpayers' money I've ever seen.


Admittedly, Donaueschingen does have a certain charm to it.




Also, for those who are curious, this is where I live and work:

Pension Schuhmann. Cheap and hospitable.


IMS Gear.  High tech and all engineery.  

Fun fact: there are normally a few feet of snow at this time of year. Seems like I'm bringing Vancouver weather along for the ride.



.

No comments:

Post a Comment