Sunday, February 5, 2012

VIP Weekend

Friday, 1:12 pm (actual time could have been anywhere from 10am to 4pm)

Benny:  "Want to come to a hockey game tonight? I have 4 VIP tickets."
Me: "Uhhh, yes!"

Off to the game we went, and after the [short] walk from the VIP parking lot we walked into the VIP lounge, where we were greeted with a full VIP buffet dinner and a VIP open bar.  This made me feel very important.  



We walked down to the stands and sat down as the puck dropped.  I immediately noticed something out of place, a glaring omission in North American hockey games.  



The top scorer wears a gold helmet!  It was hugely distracting, and one of the better ideas I've seen as of late.  I spent half of the game trying to get a decent picture with my 5-year-old crapmera, and (fortunately and unfortunately) didn't miss a whole lot.
Going back to the VIP lounge for fish, ribs, schnitzel, prawns, and other fine dining selections during intermissions was certainly a nice alternative to waiting in line for a hot dog.  Yessir.  

The next day (Saturday, for those who don't know what comes after Friday) I went to Freiburg with a bunch of friends to help Flo's sister move into her apartment.  Ikea furniture assembly was the name of the game, as well as some good ol' furniture-up-the-5-flights-of-stairs hauling.  

That night consisted of two firsts for me:  my first time bowling in a 2-storey alley, and my first time 7th wheeling.

Sunday was gorgeous outside, so I went for an afternoon walk up the hill in the -12 degree weather.  Little did I know I had these views 5 minutes from where I'm staying!  


 Kiteboarding on the fields!  Something I have to try while I'm out here.

Another town

 Zoomed

 They have these sentry posts all over the place

A doggiedog in the sunset



Yep, I'd say that was a nice way to cap off a relaxing weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment