Sunday, June 3, 2012

A Quiet Löffingen Weekend

I took a well-needed rest from travelling and partying this weekend.  Friday night still involved a 2:30 a.m. bedtime, but for a different reason:

5 hours of loud music later, a Mercedes SL appears!






















On Saturday, I took the train to Löffingen.  Flo and I grabbed our stuff, picked up Simon, and drove out to a Wakeboard lift near Freiburg.  These were some of the local pros:

Tossing some corks

Slingshot is right.  This much air from the water?


Unfortunately, the lineup was never less than 15 minutes for a run, so we just lounged in the sun all afternoon.  My weekend highlight was driving the twisty road home in Flo's 250hp car, a Golf R32.

Stock seats, some of the best I've ever sat in

Rowing the gears

Back in no time flat

We got back to Flo's place, had a couple beers and shared music, and hit the sack.  I slept for 11 hours - a definite improvement over the consistently measly 6 hours I'd been getting all week.

On Saturday I spent some time with the Hoffmans (Flo's family) before going to the soccer/football/Fußball field to watch FC Löffingen's rather important game.

Löffingen is in white

Keeper Flo

Typical theatrics

:X

Final score: 3:0.  These pictures explain who won:




With that disappointment, I got on the train and went home to Donaueschingen.  Time to get prepared for yet another busy travel weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment